Installing Windows 7 over Ubuntu on Compaq CQ50

MS Windows 系列都可以在這邊討論.

版主: E-Office小組

分享到: Facebook

Installing Windows 7 over Ubuntu on Compaq CQ50

文章RyanCaleb » 週四 9月 14, 2017 9:59 pm

Hi there,
I actually posted this on the General Help section before I noticed there was a Windows 7 section, so I'm sorry for the overlap, but I just was hoping to get an answer to my question, which is:

So here is the story. My wife's computer was still on XP and I wanted to upgrade it because she complained about the speed, so I upgraded it to Windows 10. Apparently Windows 10 does not work for a computer as old as her Compaq CQ50 and was causing a number of difficulties (such as pretty much not working). So in order to at least have a working computer for her, I installed Ubuntu which she didn't really like, being a Windows person.

I have now purchased a copy of Windows 7 because I thought it should work on her computer. It was an online download and I wanted to boot from a USB, so I installed the iso on my USB using the Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool. I was looking how to install it over Ubuntu and read where I needed to reformat the C: drive, so I did.

Everything was going well until start-up. It asked me if I wanted to upgrade from a previous edition of Windows or Custom to install a new system altogether. When I attempted to do the latter, I am getting the error that it can't install my Windows 7 because it won't install to the partition; that it needs to be installed as NTFS. The computer runs on BIOS, I don't even think NTFS was around when she got it.

So my question is, does anyone know how I can install it as BIOS and not NTFS?

Any help is much appreciated!!

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
References:
https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions ... aq-cq50-1/
RyanCaleb
剛學走路的小朋友

文章: 2
註冊時間: 週四 9月 14, 2017 3:25 pm

回到 Windows 討論版

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 1 位訪客